2PM Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 145 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:52 am
Affiliates

BE OUR FRIENDS!

Top posters
laqwethe
[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? I_vote_lcap[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? I_voting_bar[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? I_vote_rcap 
KHIMBERLY_PARK
[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? I_vote_lcap[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? I_voting_bar[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? I_vote_rcap 
alyssa
job2me01
marie28anthea
ttnnqq01
jocelyn_khun01
Poll
Gallery
[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? Empty

[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KHIMBERLY_PARK
Dakilang Maniak
KHIMBERLY_PARK

[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? Empty
PostSubject: [NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it?   [NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it? EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:22 am

Nichkhun, a lively Thai member from the hot male idol group, 2PM, is normally addressed as "Nik-kun" in Korea. However, in Thai language his name is literally pronounced "Nich-chi-khun".

It is revealed that JYP Entertainment intentionally spelled his name in Korean language as "Nik-kun" when he was first debut in May 2007. This was because it would be more comfortably for Korean people to say "Nik-kun" instead of "Nich-chi-khun". Nichkhun himself also said that he liked how his name was pronouned this way.

In Thailand, Nichkhun is commonly called by his original name as "Nich-chi-khun" with his last name being pronounced as "Hor-ra-wet-cha-kul". Nichkhun is a Thai with an American citizen. he was born to a Thai father and a Chinese mother. He can speak 4 languages, English, Thai, Chinese and Korean.

Nichkhun has trained under JYP since 2005 for 2 years . He was first debut in Thailand in 2007 and in Korea in 2008 as a member of 2PM.

"I like my Nikkun name, sometimes people still call me "Nik-kun" even it writes "Nichkhun" in English." Nichkhun said.

Earlier in March, Nichkhun was called to report himself for drafting in a military service in Thailand. Fortunately, he was exempted due to an over demand of volunteers applying for the army service.

SOURCE: Donga News
Credits: Korean-Thai by Tik@2pm-online.com, Thai-English by Offogato@2pm-online.com
Back to top Go down
https://2pmph.forumotion.com

[NEWS]It is easier to pronounce NIK-KUN than NICH-CHI-KHUN, isn't it?
Page 1 of 1